Paul Lawrence, a professor emeritus at Harvard Business School, offers an integrated explanation of both human behavior and leadership using a scientific approach — and Darwin, too! — to illustrate how good, bad, and misguided leadership are natural to the human condition.
The current shortage of chicken in Guyana is likely to roll over into September although it was expected to come to an end by mid-August.Guyana Poultry Producers Association DirectorPatrick De GrootDirector of the Guyana Poultry Producers Association (GPPA), Patrick De Groot in an interview with Guyana Times on Monday explained that a few other major chicken manufactures are still short of the produce.He is anticipating that production should return to normalcy by the second week in September.He was keen to note that although there may be a shortage of meat supply, eggs are still being sold as normal on the market as no shortage has been recorded.Further, De Groot indicated that he was made to understand that chicken smugglers are still at work. In fact, he related that a few smugglers were caught by agents of the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) over the weekend.De Groot said that while not properly briefed on the issue, he is aware that chicken in commercial quantities was seized.As a result of the shortage, small chicken businesses were forced to cease operations and as such, this has taken a toll on their livelihood.On July 24, the Guyana Livestock and Development Authority (GLDA) announced the shortage of chicken.The Authority said based on their records, there has been a reduction in the number of cases of hatching eggs imported when compared to 2018 and without a doubt, this was attributed to the shortage.Additionally, some farmers have also been complaining of reduced growth rates and higher mortality, which resulted in the reduction of poultry meat on the market.One week later, the GPPA had stated that local poultry farmers were thrown off-balance by chicken smugglers. According to the Association, smuggling of chicken in large quantities began in early 2018.It explained at that time that Suriname only had a five per cent duty on imported chickens, which resulted in the meat bird being imported into the country in large quantities from the United States and Brazil legally. The poultry was then smuggled across the Surinamese border into Guyana.Further, the GPPA had stated that the surplus lasted from May 2018 to March 2019, which accounted for the largest glut of chicken Guyana has ever experienced.The GPPA further noted that last month, the duty on imported chicken to Suriname climbed from five to 40 per cent, which put a dent in the smuggling business.Moreover, it said the Enforcement Department of the GRA would have stepped up its campaign against chicken smuggling. “It appeared that their efforts resulted in large seizures of chicken brought in illegally from across the border.”Additionally, in March of this year, the Poultry Association said farmers were left with excess birds in their pens which were between 12 and 15 weeks old although the normal growth period was six weeks.This too, played a part in the current shortage.
talkSPORT’s transfer guru, Warren Haughton, joins Hawksbee and Jacobs to round up all the very latest rumours and gossip.Our man in the know tells the boys about Marco Reus after he reportedly rejected a new Borussia Dortmund contract, which could spark interest from Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool.There’s the latest on the tug-of-war between Tottenham and Liverpool for Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez, and Chelsea forward Romelu Lukaku’s future.Latest transfer news and rumours on talkSPORT.com:Exclusive – Arsenal’s Jenkinson destined for West Ham, claims Hull boss BruceAtletico Madrid offered Liverpool and Chelsea targetBarcelona to raid Liverpool again? Spanish reports claim Reds defender set to follow SuarezWest Ham and QPR go head-to-head over France World Cup starExclusive – Liverpool top four warning! Sign striker or miss out, claims Anfield greatAC Milan in pole position to land Everton targetRobinho not in line for Turkey move, insists agent of ex-Man City forwardLiverpool target another Saints star! Reds ready to fight Tottenham for RodriguezExclusive – Boost for Liverpool! Bony available for ‘right offer’, claims Swansea chairmanAC Milan remain keen on Arsenal forwardQPR weigh up shock move for ex-Barcelona ace?Valencia aim to beat Premier League trio to £5m Greek defenderValencia closing in on £20m-rated Manchester United target
Donegal model Aoife McColganA Donegal woman has revealed how she was dragged down an alleyway in Belfast by two men but managed to flee.Model Aoife McColgan, 20, from Muff, was walking across a street when she was approached by the two men.They tried to drag her into a side-street but two other passers-by came to her rescue. Aoife revealed “I was walking across the street in Belfast and I got grabbed by two non-English speaking men.“They tried to take me down a side-street.“But I was very lucky that a couple of homeless men chased them of. Thankfully they didn’t take anything but I was shaken up,” she said.Aoife is now warning other women to be vigilant when out walking alone. “Always be vigilant. Be aware of your surroundings and only walk in well-lit areas where other people are around.“Other women may not be as lucky as I was so I am grateful for that,” she said. DONEGAL MODEL WARNS OTHER WOMEN AFTER SHE ESCAPES MUGGING ATTEMPT was last modified: September 30th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Belfastdonegalmodel Aoife McColganmugging
Over 120 individuals and representatives from the Donegal tourism and hospitality sector have today attended Fáilte Ireland’s KNOW Donegal Local Experts Programme workshops in the Mount Errigal Hotel, Letterkenny.The workshops are free and open to anyone involved in the tourism sector or those in the local community that interact with visitors.The Local Experts Programme is part of an initiative by Fáilte Ireland to develop a network of local people who share knowledge and interact positively with visitors to Donegal. Aisling Gillen, Failte Ireland, Louise Boyle Arranmore Ferry, Frances Boyle , Dungloe, Shiela Greene, Gweedore, and Aisling Vieria, Failte Ireland. Photo Clive WassonCelina McLaughlin, Silver Tassie, Orlath O’Flannigan, Silver Tassie Hotel, Amanda Boyle Failte Ireland and Patrica Moore, Doe Castle Coffee. Photo Clive WassonThe programme aims to develop a tourism business network, social media initiatives and to make every visitor engagement a truly positive one in order to ultimately grow tourism businesses and the local economy.Speaking at the workshops, Amanda Boyle, Senior Travel Advisor with Fáilte Ireland said:“Today’s attendance at the workshops, with nearly 120 individuals and representatives of tourism and hospitality businesses attending is evidence of how important tourism is to the wider Donegal economy.“The aim of the programme is to build on that sentiment by inspiring all front-line employees and volunteers to turn every visitor interaction into a truly informative and positive experience and to help offer visitors relevant recommendations on places of interest to visit in the Donegal region.” Rosie Nic Connaith, Fanad Light House, Amanda Clarke, Travel Donegal, Syliva Gorniak, Raphoe Diocesan Archive, Aisling Gillen, Failte Ireland, Moira Hughes, Raphoe Diocesan Archive, Sue Glackin, Donegal Food Tours and Cait Fealty, Fanad Light House. Photo Clive WassonMs Boyle added: “As we know, Donegal and the surrounding areas are one of the most popular destinations in Ireland for international visitors and its attractions are brought to life every day by locals interacting with tourists. Visitors not only seek out local people and their advice, they trust it. More and more holidaymakers tell us that they rely on and trust the advice and information received from the local people they meet during their stay.”For more information see link to Fáilte Ireland’s Local Experts Programme brochure HERESee more photos from the workshop below:Martin McHugh, Rusty Mackerel, Megan Slevin Biddy’s Barnes, Amanda Boyle Failte Ireland, Delores Robinson, Cope House, Anita McFadden, Bay Bar, and Martin Egan Colmcille Heritage Centre. Photo Clive WassonPhoto Clive WassonSean Browne, OPW, Aisling Vieria and David Fisher, Oakfield Park. Photo Clive WassonConor Carol, Boyles Buses Creeslough, Catriona Tasker, Rathmullen The Way Forward, Maire Aine Gardiner, Failte Ireland and Donnan Harvey, Letterkenny Cathedral Quarter. Photo Clive WassonRona Gallagher, Sailing North, Laura Brogan, Arnolds Hotel, Aisling Vieria, Failte Ireland, Chantelle Grant, Century Complex and Niamh Quinn, Century Complex. Photo Clive WassonLaura Pasoma, Singing Pub, Mairead O’Connell, Singing Pub, Amanda Boyle, Failte Ireland, Shauna Boyce, Mevagh Resource Centre and Helen Donoghue. Photo Clive WassonOver 120 become ‘Local Experts’ with Fáilte Ireland – Picture Special was last modified: June 6th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Failte Irelandknow donegallocal experts
Gardai in Letterkenny are investigating two attempted break-ins to cars in recent days.The first took place between 4pm on Thursday August 22nd and Friday, August 23rd at Tara Court.There was damage to the front door of a black Renault Clio but nothing was taken. On Sunday last around 6.30pm a car parked at the Aura Leisure Centre had its passenger door forced open.If you have any information on either of these incidents then please contact Gardai in Letterkenny on 074 91 67100.Gardai investigate break-ins to cars was last modified: August 27th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:break-inscarsdonegalletterkenny
Eureka >> A total of 12 Humboldt County high school prep basketball teams will in action tonight as the California Interscholastic Federation North Coast Section playoffs get underway.Six boys teams and six girls teams will be playing across three divisions, with four teams competing in front of a home crowd in the first round.Here’s a quick rundown of tonight’s playoff games.Boys games (seeds in parentheses)(13) Fortuna at (4) University Prep, 5 p.m. >> The Huskies face a tough task as …
Five questions with Matt Schneidman of The Athletic Wisconsin, who covers the Green Bay Packers and covered the Raiders for this news organization in 2017-18:1) From afar, it appears the Packers, while getting some great play from Aaron Rodgers, are intent under Matt LaFleur to play things a little closer to the vest in terms of balance and play-calling. Is that simply LaFleur’s style, or a sensible long-term plan to keep Rodgers healthy for 16 games?LaFleur’s offense is far less predicated …
Nelson Mandela International Day commemorates the lifetime of service Nelson Mandela gave to South Africa and the world.Brand South Africa volunteers its time at the YMCA Centre in Soweto on Nelson Mandela International Day, 18 July 2017. (Image supplied)Ntombifuthi Ntanzi In the words of Nelson Mandela; “What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.”Nelson Mandela International Day commemorates the lifetime of service Nelson Mandela gave to South Africa and the world. Eight years later since the launch of Mandela day, it has gained momentum, with worldwide support from citizens of all races and ages, playing their part by giving 67 minutes of their time to the less fortunate and taking #ActionAgainstPoverty.The Nelson Mandela Foundation last month adopted the theme #ActionAgainstPoverty as a firm call to take action towards eradicating poverty and making a meaningful contribution to the lives of those facing poverty and inequality in society. It all begins with small steps from each and every stakeholder.This was evident at the YMCA Centre on Tuesday the 18th, it was abuzz with young and old coming to contribute to the Mandela Day activities.Brand South Africa volunteered their time and hands to paint the premises. Brand South Africa’s Strategic Relationship Manager: Government, Ms Toni Gumede said, “Brand South Africa is pleased to be reiterating the words of Nelson Mandela through action and our involvement to the Mandela Day does not just end here, we encourage everyone to play their part.”Absa also pledged a mentorship programme, renovated the computer centre, donated 30 computers and stocked the library.Speaking to the community, David Hodnett, Deputy Chief Executive of Barclays Africa and Chief Executive of the group’s South African banking operations said, “The success of today really lies in there being so many partners who have come together.”“The YMCA is a very historical place for our country’s liberation story and the work that is done by the YMCA organisation for the young children is inspirational. We are so happy to give back to a location that is so very important to our history”, said Nelson Mandela Foundation spokesperson Lunga Nene.See more below:Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See Using Brand South Africa material.
OTTAWA – The Public Health Agency of Canada says a salmonella outbreak in four provinces has left seven people ill.It says the salmonella infections have been linked to frozen raw breaded chicken products and it is investigating along with provincial public health officials, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, and Health Canada.There have been four people reported ill in Alberta and one each in British Columbia, Ontario and New Brunswick.The agency says two people have been hospitalized, but no deaths have been reported.It says the people — mostly male — became sick between April and May.Salmonella is commonly found in raw chicken and frozen raw breaded chicken products, but the agency says the risk is low and illnesses can be avoided through proper food handling, preparation and cooking practices.Anyone can become sick with a salmonella infection, but infants, children, seniors and those with weakened immune systems are at higher risk of serious illness because their immune systems are more fragile than healthy individuals.Most people who become ill from a salmonella infection will recover fully after a few days.The symptoms of salmonella infection include fever, chills, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, headache, nausea and vomiting, which usually last for four to seven days.