Duterte fires oil exploration chief

first_imgAquino was allegedly asked to resign due to a deal he inked this year with state-owned Russian oil giant Rosneft Oil Company and Hong Kong-based Pionaire Finance Limited without the knowledge of Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi, the chair of PNOC-EC. “The President’s order is still in line, and pursuant to his anti-corruption campaign in the government, and underscores once again that there are no sacred cows under this Administration,” he added. Panelo, meanwhile, reiterated Duterte’s directive to all government workers to resist temptation of corruption or risk getting fired. Aquino had been PNOC-EC’s president and CEO since 2012. He was appointed as its chairman of the board in 2007. He also served as its senior vice president from 1993-2008. President Duterte has been vocal in his fight against corruption and he has fired several government officials since assuming the presidency in 2016 due to corruption links./PN “All government officials are directed to undertake actions which are only pursuant to what the law provides in the performance of their official functions and desist from committing any act that are — or may appear to be — irregular, illegal or dishonest,” Panelo said. Presidential Spokesperson SalvadorPanelo said in a statement that Duterte asked Philippine National OilCompany-Exploration Corporation (PNOC-EC) chief executive officer Pedro Aquinoto resign as the President has lost confidence in him. President Rodrigo Duterte. PCOO MANILA – Still true to hisadministration’s war against corruption, President Rodrigo Duterte fired the country’soil exploration chief. last_img

T.J. Yeldon expects ‘heated competition’ among Bills running backs

first_img Bills’ LeSean McCoy predicts comeback campaign in 2019 Despite being a late addition, Yeldon believes he has a good opportunity to carve out an impactful role with the team in 2019, even if it means sitting back and learning from two of the oldest running backs in the league as he plays behind McCoy and Gore.“That’s a blessing. Coming in my first couple years, I didn’t have vets like that,” Yeldon said, via The Buffalo News. “Being here in this situation, I can learn a lot from those guys. It’s a lot for me to take with me in my future years. It’s going to be a heated competition. That’s one thing they told me coming in. There’s going to be competition regardless.” Related News Tyreek Hill’s meeting with NFL lasts 8 hours, report says Panthers to be featured on Amazon’s ‘All or Nothing’ With several players to share carries, Yeldon knows not everyone will get to touch the ball, which is why he plans on bringing the heat for next month’s workouts.”I feel like I’m a do-it-all back. I can run. I can catch the ball,” Yeldon said. “Making plays with the ball in my hands is something I do. (My receiving) is just a plus.” The Bills have an abundance of running backs, but the order on the depth chart remains in question as training camp looms.While veteran running back LeSean McCoy has been the No. 1 rusher in Buffalo, the acquisition of Frank Gore, T.J. Yeldon and Devin Singletary this offseason certainly shakes things up. Yeldon, 25, was selected out of Alabama by the Jaguars with the No. 36 overall pick of the 2015 NFL Draft and spent his first four seasons in Jacksonville.He has made 30 starts in 51 career games, registering 465 carries for 1,872 yards and six touchdowns. He also has 171 receptions for 1,302 yards and six touchdowns, catching at least 30 passes in each of his four seasons.The Bills are scheduled to open training camp July 24.last_img